A few others

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

! dream of Newton

“Chemistry is alpha-numeric“, was the last thing I heard the teacher say,
Tired of listening for over an hour,
I looked at the sky through the window beside me,
And then rested my forehead on the desk-
TO THINK WHAT I WANT TO BE….

When I wish, I want to be a cricketer,
I think of Saurav Ganguly charging down the crease
I’m afraid, I don’t have the muscles and power,
The mind inside says, ’Try something different, please!”.

When I wish, I want to be a singer,
I think of Sonu Nigam’s versatile voice,
I don’t have the inborn talent to charm the audience,
So I feel, singing won’t be the right choice.

When I wish, I should be an IIT-ian,
I think of my friends’ bookshelves filled with rich and elaborate text,
I confess, I don’t have the patience to read them all,
I think, I’m made for something special next.

When I wish, I want to be a painter,
I think of Picasso’s paintings which are seldom what we think they are,
I realize, I don’t have the uncanny gift of painting pictorial abstractions,
I feel, from me, easel and canvass are a bit too far.

Once I wanted to be a businessman,
I thought of Microsoft and Bill Gates’ monologues on lecterns worldwide,
I admit, I don’t have the vision and passion to match his,
I feel I should take a different stride.

When I wish, I were a poet,
I think of Wordsworth’s words worth millions,
Alas! I don’t have the creative genius to write newer things,
I feel I must look for newer horizons.

Having browsed through every idea in mind,
Could I find nothing that brings me satisfaction?
Everything I wished was counteracted by practical after- thoughts,
And they never lead to an affirmative decision.

I was frustrated, not confused;
(Because to be confused, you need multiple choices and I had none)
Sad with a heavy heart between my ribs, I turned to God,
And prayed-
“GOD, is it still not time to drop the apple on my head?”

Just then a pile of homework sheets landed on my table,
“Stop your day dreaming, till weekend!” whispered the copy with a grinning centre-spread.

6 comments:

Tarantula said...

Awesome man... awesome...

Vaibhao Tatte said...

I didnt know that my rupa is such a good writer..

Hats of for my roomie..

Keep it up yaar...

Anonymous said...

Superb man..

Kadam007 said...

gr8 poem man..u write like an renowned established writer.

https://umeshborkar.blogspot.com/ said...

very nice poem Dude !

Rahul Agrawal said...

An assignment a day can keep one's day dreaming away!.. :P come n share!!
Fun-tastic Iman!!!!cheers