A few others

Friday, September 5, 2008

I am proud to be a 'Loser'!!

I am proud to be a loser



Hi! I am I-mon.
I am a rich father’s rich son.
Rich only till the day I start earning myself,
And I don’t think it will be soon enough to offer my dad any help.

Talking of the present, I go to school only because I am supposed to,
And when I am in school, I can’t even tell whether I am wearing the right shoe.

Of course, I enjoy going to school,
I never miss the annual day, the Christmas party, the fete and the April fool?
Isn’t it fun? Playing pranks in the classroom,
Waiting for the recess bell to go, and then go home, vroommm...

Teachers call me a back bencher.
What they don’t know is, I come late so that the good students are seated better.
How does it matter if I can’t see the board?
It is, anyway, all meant to get me bored. :o

My mom drives me downtown to the central park in the evenings,
I play with the guard and score a century in every innings.
I have few friends, fewer good friends and no best friend,
Because to be with a guy like me one must have the right blend.

I am a responsible kid and can take care of myself.
I tidy my room, my bed and all those things you see on the shelf.
There’s a maid been kept who doesn’t help me much,
And only because on weekdays I am little busy, it lacks just that personal touch.

Even the slightest nod sideways would make me cry,
That’s why I have almost everything money can buy.
I am rest assured that I will have a pleasant supper tonight,
But even the best quality food cannot test my appetite!

How fortunate to have a brain free from worries, sorrows and pain
The sun rises, then sets, and rises again,
I know this won’t go on forever,
Someday I will have to taste life by its true flavour.

Let me tell you, I am not 'one of a kind',
There will be hundred others if you care to find,
I have been a pest to my parents since the day I got off the pram,
Still my arrogance makes me feel proud for the loser I am!

6 comments:

Kadam007 said...

Iman, excellent article to read..it reminded me my school days... :)

Vaibhao Tatte said...

Yar....

The maid that you mentioned in the article...is it me???

because I also never help yo uto keep our room tidy.....

Sorry for that yaar.

Excellent writing Roomie...

Rakesh Pimplikar said...

nice poem dude....

keep writing.
its always a treat to read ur articles/poems

Unknown said...

Really!very nice one!

Moksha said...

Imon, Beautiful it is!

Neha Arora said...

If a LOSER u were
The confessions wud never come...
A WINNER is who you are
Only in disguise
You defeat the most honest by far!