A few others

Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's not 8 p.m., but it still is time for F.R.I.E.N.D.S




The non-sense on T.V. doesn't bother me,
I keep gazing into the colourful nothing.
There's another empty couch next to mine,
But no one to share the pizza and pudding.

My senses alert; vigilance camouflaged,
Wait for the same old prank just once more.
And, if you do jump out of no where, I promise,
I will look horrified this time for sure.

The apartment seems so unnecessarily big,
I wonder why we kept bickering for room.
Everything you left behind, esp. the foosball table,
Floods my head with reminiscence and gloom.

Parting with friends is not easy, it never was.
Though distance doesn't slacken the bond,
the bond between bodies of the same soul,
the sole fear of losing it is true friendship - dawned.


I miss the high-fives,
The laughter,
The puzzles,
The gossips,
The recipes,
The take-turns...

And, I don't remember shaking hands the day you left :(


..........................................................

The long door-bell annoys me, but
Also gives me hope that I'd see you on the other side.
Behind all those packed boxes, I see you smiling.
I reach for the hug you owe me, with one long stride.

Boy! Am I glad, that the smiles are back,
The arguments heated,
The breakfast tasty,
The routine hasty,
And the TV makes sense again !